What Is Conversion Rate Optimization?
Conversion rate optimization (CRO) is the process of increasing the percentage of conversions from a website or mobile app. CRO typically involves generating ideas for elements on your site or app that can be improved and then validating those hypotheses through A/B testing and multivariate testing.
Why Is Conversion Rate Optimization Important?
Conversion rate optimization is important because it allows you to lower your customer acquisition costs by getting more value from the visitors and users you already have. By optimizing your conversion rate you can increase revenue per visitor, acquire more customers, and grow your business.
For example, if a landing page has a conversion rate of 10% and receives 2000 visitors a month, then the page will generate 200 conversions per month. If the conversion rate can be improved to 15% by optimizing different elements on the page, the number of conversions generated jumps by 50% to 300 per month.
There is always room for improvement when it comes to increasing conversions, and the best companies are constantly iterating and improving their sites and apps to create a better experience for their users and grow conversions.
Establishing Conversion Metrics
Conversion rate optimization begins by first identifying what the conversion goals are for any given web page or app screen. The success metrics of your website or mobile app will depend on the type of business you’re in, and what your goals are.
For example, If you sell products online, a conversion for you may be purchases, or the number of website visitors that add a product to their shopping cart. If you sell products or services to businesses, you might be measuring the number of leads your website collects or number of white paper downloads.
Some common conversion goals organized by industry type:
- Media – pageviews, ad views, newsletter subscriptions, recommended content engagement
- E-commerce – product sales, add-to-carts, shopping cart completion rate, e-mail newsletter sign-ups
- Travel – booking conversions, ancillary purchases, social shares
- B2B – leads generated, deals closed
Once you have established the conversion metrics for your digital interactions with your audience, you can begin to try to improve your digital customer experiences through conversion rate optimization.
Identifying Areas To Optimize
Once your conversion metrics have been identified, the next step in the conversion rate optimization process is to identify which part of your conversion funnel you want to optimize.
Typically, you will want to begin optimizing the portion of your conversion funnel that receives the greatest amount of traffic or generates the greatest numbers of conversions. By focusing on these pages you will be able to see the results of your changes faster and have a larger impact on your business.
Other potential places to start include your highest value pages or pages that are underperforming compared to the rest of your site. Again, improving these areas can have the greatest immediate impact on your conversion goals.
For example, a clothing retailer may find that their page for hats receives a lot of traffic but has a conversion rate that is much lower than the rest of the site. By improving the conversion rate of that page, the retailer will be able to see a big improvement in sales for their CRO efforts.
You can read real life examples of how companies such as Sony, Microsoft, Spreadshirt, and Smarter Travel have improved their websites and mobile apps on our case studies page.
Getting Started with Conversion Rate Optimization
Getting started with conversion rate optimization is straightforward and simple with Optimizely, the top tool for building A/B and multivariate tests.
The Optimizely visual editor allows you to quickly easily make changes to your site or app without any programming required, and the Stats Engine clearly shows the results of your tests.
Start improving your conversion rate today with Optimizely!
CRO Services Includes
Strategizing And Analysing
Our team tailors conversion rate optimization to your specific needs, website performance, and business objectives. In the analysis stage, we track your website traffic and user interactions.
Testing And Review
Testing encompasses A/B Testing, Multivariate testing, and Landing Page Optimization, followed by a detailed review of results. In the analysis stage, we track your website traffic and user interactions.
Our detailed conversion rate optimization reports keep you posted on the results against expected outcomes. The reports suggest a concrete plan to drive conversions through recommended changes on websites elements, landing pages, etc.
Strategizing And Analysing
Our team tailors conversion rate optimization to your specific needs, website performance, and business objectives
- We begin by getting a detailed understanding of your business goals and figuring out how you intend to measure success.
- Our research process involves understanding how users navigate through your website, what actions they take, and what factors hinder them from completing their goals.
- In the analysis stage, we track your website traffic and user interactions.
Testing And Review
Testing encompasses A/B Testing, Multivariate testing, and Landing Page Optimization, followed by a detailed review of results
- We document your business goals and user concerns before hypothesizing them and beginning our experiments for testing.
- We use a mix of best breed tools and our manual efforts to run A/B and multivariate test to test the performance of multiple variables on your webpages.
- We also use the Landing page analyzer tool to understand how your landing page is faring with respect to conversions.
Our detailed conversion rate optimization reports keep you posted on the results against expected outcomes.
- The reports suggest a concrete plan to drive conversions through recommended changes on websites elements, landing pages, etc.
- The reports also feature details of smaller conversions (creating an account) that can happen before a user completes a macro-conversion (purchasing a product).
- Optimized landing pages convert 50% higher on average than regular web pages.
- Relevant landing page helps website in higher search engine ranking, ads rank, and conversions.
- More ROI (Return on investment) is extracted from existing marketing efforts.
- We will optimize landing page on the basis of fact and not belief with the tool like A/B split testing to increase chances of profit from the website.
- Review & Analyze your target market with key performance index like visits, lead conversion, bounce rate, abandoned rate etc.. to know your profits are escaping through the gap… and plug them up!
- We’ll be craft a clear & compelling value proposition for your audience by making changes in headline, hero image, proof/credibility points, form or call to action, social proof and third-party endorsement.
- After we both agree on the changes start work as agreed. Our trackable optimization techniques will have your site’s conversion rates and profits soaring to new heights.
What you can expect within 3-4 months
- You can expect 15 – 50% increment in leads/ecommerce conversion rate compare to previous month (s).