A website audit is something that you need to do in order to evaluate the SEO effectiveness of that website. There may be times that you have created the website but it is not generating the best ranking in the SERPs or the site is currently having poor traffic. SEO audit helps you to identify the problems with your website and rectify them to enjoy better ranking in the search engine result pages. So let’s have a look at the things that you need to do in order to do website audit for your website.
Things to remember about website audit
- SEO audit for a website is a lengthy course and requires complete understanding of SEO
- You cannot use the standard SEO audit reporting method for all kinds of website
- SEO audit requires in-depth technical understanding of websites and hosting.
- You can’t make use of the same audit checklist for every kind of website
- To perform SEO audit for larger websites, you will need to use SEO software or SEO audit tools
- It is important to learn about ROBOTS.TXT, website structure, .htaccess, URLs and HTML in order to prepare the SEO Audit report.
Here are some of the things that you will need to check out for when you are going to perform website audit.
- Accessibility of website by Googlebot
- Checking website structure
- Checking URL structure
- SEO friendly URL
- Checking the ROBOTS.TXT file
- Page loading speed
- Check if the sitemap is submitted
- Perform Domain Authority check
- Check for 404 errors and broken links
- Check whether the website is submitted in the Google search console
- Domain Age
- Alexa Rank
- Page Authority
- Responsive design for mobile optimization
Steps for carrying out website auditing
The first thing that you need is to evaluate if the website is perfectly accessible through various browsers. This will also help you to evaluate the overall time that the site takes to load. You can then check a number of random websites to see how they are performing. You can then open the home page and see if the SEO title and description is proper, if the source code for the page is proper, if the site has Google analytics code installed and if the HTML is perfectly clean.
You can also use an SEO audit tool for crawling the pages of the website and see if all the pages in the website are perfectly accessible. The tool can also help you to see whether there are any kind of 404 errors and other technical glitches.
The tools can help in checking the ROBOTS.TXT file and also whether all of the pages in the website are perfectly indexed or not. This file can help in controlling the crawling of a website. Unless the Google bots is not able to properly crawl the website, the site cannot be properly featured in the SERPs. This makes it a very important element in a website.
- How WordFence is the perfect security plugin for WordPress?
- How a static website is different from a dynamic website?
- How to get more from your Facebook fan page?
- Role and importance of A/B testing in modern day web and mobile development
- Starting your app - Ionic Framework
- How to hide a file in your Google Drive in plain sight
- How to secure your social media accounts
- A brief look at the features of Google Tez payment app
- Protect yourself from the cyber attacks
- WhatsApp introduces payments to promote the vision of Digital India
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016