Black hat is actually a set of techniques used by web developers to increase page ranking in search engine results. These techniques violates the terms of services set by search engines. The term has also been used in Hollywood movies to differentiate between good and the bad guys. Recently the term is more oriented towards virus creators, computer hackers and those who use unethical ways with the computers.
So here in this article you will learn black hat SEO inside out and whether you should be using it for your website or not?
What is black hat SEO?
As mentioned above, SEO through black hat includes use of practices that are otherwise banned by the search engine terms of service. These techniques can also result in banning of your website from affiliates and search engine. These practices are clearly denounced on Google and Bing’s webmaster guidelines.
What are the techniques used in this type of SEO?
Well if the work that you are doing on your website should be helpful for a user and must increase its page ranking but if you are doing something that is just to increase your ranking and do almost nothing to help user and make website user appropriate, there is a very high probability that your techniques are black hat. This is a kind of litmus test that you must do to evaluate your set of practices for black hat.
How to recognize these tactics?
Here is a list of techniques and strategies used that are black hat and should not be implemented on your website if you want your website to exist on Google.
- Content Automation
- Hidden Text or Links
- Doorway Pages
- Negative SEO
- Keyword Stuffing
- Sneaky Redirects
- Link Schemes
- Rich Snippet Markup Spam
- Manipulation of links
- Spinning of articles
- Guest Posting
- Link Wheels, Link Farms, or Link Networks
- Automated Questions to Google
- Creating sub domains, pages, or duplicate content domains
- Creating Pages with malicious actions like phishing, Trojans, viruses, and other malware
Reporting Black hat SEO
You can report black hat SEO for 2 reasons:
- If your website is attacked by a virus, hack or negative SEO links.
- If you see spammy search results for a keyword you are ranking for.
In case of spammy SEO campaign you can file a report on Google webmaster tools. It is essential that you use these tools carefully, false reports can also be considered Black hat SEO
In the first case i.e. virus attack, you can request for malware review after removing the malicious code. In case your website is attacked by negative SEO you should use Disavow links tools in Google tools after contacting the webmasters who have points such links to your site.
Well avoiding black hat SEO would be the right thing to do, with initial success and higher ranking, you may be tempted to use it for your site but getting your site banned and losing all the hard work done for it is even more tragic.
- Ways to promote your brand through LinkedIn
- All you need to know about Progressive Web Apps
- Magento introduces all new Security Scan tool
- How visual search technologies can enhance the prospects of ecommerce business
- Using Joomla for custom web development
- Why go for a creative web design company
- Make the most of social media marketing for increasing the sales figures
- How WordFence is the perfect security plugin for WordPress?
- How a static website is different from a dynamic website?
- How to get more from your Facebook fan page?
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017